Preparation time: 15 minutes (5 mins if using pre-prepared shallot mix)
Cooking time: 10 minutes
800g fresh clams, discard any opened ones
12 whole shallots, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic peeled and chopped
2 glasses of white wine
400g cooked spaghetti or linguine
100g double cream
50g flat leaf parsley
Thoroughly wash the clams.
2. Chop the shallots into a fine dice and cook in the butter until soft, when soft add the chopped garlic and 1 glass of the white wine and reduce slightly. This can be done up to 2 /3 days in advance, cooled and kept in a sealed jar.
3. Place a large pan on the gas and allow this to get hot, adding the clams and the remaining white wine.
4. When they all start to open add the cooked spaghetti / linguine to the same pan. Then add the double cream and the cooked shallot mixture.
5. After 2 /3 minutes when it is all warmed through, check the seasoning and adjust if necessary and add some of the chopped parsley.
6. Serve in hot bowls. Then finish with the rest of the chopped parsley.
Preparation time 15 minutes (or 5 mins if using pre-prepared shallot mix)
Cooking time 10 minutes